Tuesday 4 August 2009

'Cake and tea' - the perfect partners

This topic has been one I have been considering for a while. I recently posted about biscuits and dunking and whilst I don't dunk my biscuits, I have them with my tea. I also enjoy a slice of cake along with my tea. However, if the cake is covered in icing, (e.g. cherry bake wells or lemon slices) it somehow detracts/overpowers the flavour of the tea so I rarely have this sort of cake with anything other than ordinary everyday black tea (with milk and two sugars...well one and a half.) If I am drinking lightly flavoured tea, I prefer to have this without a 'bit on the side'.

BUT, I have found the most ingenious way of having any tea with cake and not getting a marring of flavour. Have a fake cake on the side! A website and London store, All the Fun of the Fair sells the cutest knitted cakes, tea cosies and other gifts. It also runs classes to learn the art of knitting and crafting! I stumbled across this site some time ago whilst looking for crafting supplies and wanted to share it with you.

Enjoy!

CBC

x

p.s. I will be paying a visit to Carnaby street very soon...(after my exam hopefully!)

No comments:

Post a Comment