Friday 5 February 2010

Fair Trade, Houjicha and a book PREview

Hello again tea- drinkers!

In my last post I mentioned a tea I had been sampling called 'Percol'. On doing some research I have come across a website which describes a whole range of Percol produce which just so happens to be Fairtrade. Excellent! I could feel the goodness as I drunk the Fairtrade African Tea. It was light and sweet and was refreshing drunk without milk and with a little lemon juice added.

About a week ago, I visited the Japan Centre to stock up on sushi supplies and noodles. The last time I went there, I bought some Jasmine Tea which I wanted to review here but has mysteriously disappeared from my cupboard! Hmph. So this time I bought some Houjicha Tea which is described as being 'Roasted Green Tea'. This tea is light and toffee coloured when brewed. I like to sweeten my tea just enough to be able to taste a hint of sugar and this tea definitely has a nutty taste and aroma about it. However, unlike smoked tea such as Lapsang Souchong there is no aftertaste or bitterness involved. I've been drinking it morning and night (when I don't fancy a milky cup of tea!) and it's such a mild pleasant tea...I'll be buying this again.

Finally the penultimate Alexander McCall Smith book, Tea Time for the Traditionally Built is now in paperback and I cannot wait to read what Mma Ramotswe is getting up to! I may even splash out on some African Redbush Tea for the occasion.

Till next entry,

CBC

xx

P.s. I bought a new tea-strainer for £1! and so this means I'll be able to sample loose teas! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment