Tuesday 14 July 2009

My-tea fine

Hello readers! I trust that you are well and drinking lots of lovely things. I wanted to share a tea with you which I had bought reasonably recently but had not been drinking much of because the flavour takes a bit of getting used to.

As I'm going through a bit of a Japan phase at the moment and wanted to try a new tea, when shopping at my local Whittard store, I came across this interesting tea.

Apart from the tag-line of "Famous, Japanese-style green tea" the description of the tea mentioned that it had a light spinach-like flavour. As I review this, I have a mug next to me so that I can convey, as accurately as possible, my thoughts on it.

Taste

The tea does indeed have a slight spinach undertone which is slightly overbearing if you let it steep for too long. I made this mistake intially as I often drink my black tea quite strong. Apart from that, you soon get over the strange taste sensation and will find that this is a refreshing and delicious green tea. It does have a bit of an aftertaste though...

Colour

As I'm not drinking from a transparent mug (I really should invest in one for reviewing so that I can include pictures), it is difficult to observe the colour but it takes on a light green-yellow colour when steeped for about 2 minutes.

Aroma

Sencha even smells a little 'spinachy' and herby

Overall Rating: 3/5

I'll be stocking up on new teas (and possibly hot chocolate) tomorrow!

CBC

2 comments:

  1. I really like your blog, very nicely done! Wondering if you would like to try samples of our teas. www.twoleavesandabud.com Please email me your mailing address and i will send you our info and tea samples to review! Bess@twoleavesandabud.net
    P.S. We have a really wonderful Extremely Green Japanese Green tea called Tamayokucha
    Looking forward to hearing back from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Bess! What a variety of teas you have at Two Leaves and a Bud!

    ReplyDelete