Monday 13 July 2009

Planting the seeds...

Hello!

As this is the first post of my new blog (which I have been meaning to start for a while) I thought I had better explain the title of the blog, which to non Creole or 'Kweyol' speakers won't make much sense. It literally means 'Cocoa Tea' in Kweyol; a French-English melange spoken in many parts of the Caribbean. 'Cocoa Tea' is a popular and delicious drink drunk widely in St. Lucia. It is made from the compressed cocoa extract which can be bought in 'sticks' and combined with water, milk, sugar and spices makes a scrumptious treat.

The following video from You Tube is the clearest explanation of how to make this drink!




As I am a bit of a tea-o-holic, (well a hot drink-o-holic more like!) I'll be exploring lots of tea related loveliness for you to enjoy.

I hope to see some of your comments as this blog gets up and running and feedback is always appreciated so I have added feedback buttons to the bottom of each post for this purpose. Review requests are also appreciated as I love tasting new things so will gladly oblige!

Thanks again!

CBC

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi CBC,

    Cocoa Tea sounds yummy! I've been drinking so much tea and coffee lately to keep myself awake... I'd almost forgotten that sometimes its nice to have a hot cuppa of something for no reason other than liking the taste of one's favourite hot drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey AW! Nice to see you round these parts! Cocoa Tea is amazing! It's strangely filling for a hot chocolate-esque drink...

    One never needs a reason to have a cuppa!

    ReplyDelete