Sunday 19 July 2009

The Various Flavours of Coffee

I read this book a while ago and wanted to share it with blog readers as it seems in-fitting with this blog. This is a perfect read for coffee fans. It is written my Anthony Capella and is littered with clever Freudians and funny quotes; a coffee-filled love story with a difference. Robert Wallis is a man with an eye (and appetite) for the ladies and a nose and taste for coffee. The free-spirited man you meet at the beginning of the tale is almost unrecognisable towards the end where he falls hopelessly in love with a African slave, Fikre and tries to 'free' her. A overall good read full of references to coffee from plant to cup and interesting twist to its conclusion.

You can read more reviews here although the cover on the site is different from mine which seems to convey the feel of the story better.

Onto chocolate news, as I type this post, I am watching 'The Vicar of Dibley', one of my favourite British comedies and this video probably illustrates how many chocolate lovers feel about their 'vice'




Hilarious!

Well, I am off to rest my head and giggle at the vicar some more but I will be back with more tidbits soon!

CBC

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment